Stream of Conscientiousness

"con-sci-en-tious: (adj.) Governed by conscience, scrupulous || Characterized by or done with careful attention." --- Man, I was way off.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

I'm the wildest laid back person you'll ever meet. I wash my body first, hair last. I make one loop when I tie my shoes, not the bunny ears. Yet I prefer loafers. I'm in the market for a good pair of headphones, ones that won't wear out. Something akin to Gurgi's unending pouch of food (Lloyd Alexander fans??). I appreciate people that call me out when I'm bullshitting. I appreciate people helping me cut past the bullshit. I appreciate you if you've read this far. I've never owned a Zippo. I only recently learned how to dress myself. Bacci Pizza saved my life. More than once. It could save yours too. I dabble in acting. Any sentimental media about fathers makes me misty. Any sentimental media about children or puppies makes me roll my eyes. I love children and puppies, just not all forms of sentimentality. I am constantly on the lookout for my lucky dime.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

On no, it's Thursday again

So I'm home from the show and what happens the minute I walk in the door, ready for a night of, well, sleep? My roommate calls and says, "Hey man, we haven't gotten a drink in awhile. Come on out, it'll be fun." And here I sit weighing my options.

Now I won't propound on this point too far. Another roommate already gave this subject a far better handling in one of his editor's notes, September, I think. Check it out at the hippest online magazine on hiatus: www.606mag.com. Yeah, that's right, I live with that guy. Freakin sweet, I know.

So anyway, here's the real question: Do I want to go out and spend the money on an ATM, as there are no ATM's near here that are, in fact, LaSalle Bank ATM's? Yes, I'm that cheap. I don't mind the cost of the beer. It's the ATM that gets me. Now, if the ATM somehow gave me an amazing sense of euphoria, even for an instant, like whippets, I would totally not care. But all it gives me is money. My money. And it takes more of my money away. It's not providing a service. It's providing a toilet through which I can idiotically flush my hard earned cash away. I guess I can thank god I'm not a coke addict.

But i've digressed, and now because of my fun with hyperlinking, I'm only that much later getting to the bar. Alright. Time to shit or get off the pot. Okay, that one was just for fun. I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home