Stream of Conscientiousness

"con-sci-en-tious: (adj.) Governed by conscience, scrupulous || Characterized by or done with careful attention." --- Man, I was way off.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

I'm the wildest laid back person you'll ever meet. I wash my body first, hair last. I make one loop when I tie my shoes, not the bunny ears. Yet I prefer loafers. I'm in the market for a good pair of headphones, ones that won't wear out. Something akin to Gurgi's unending pouch of food (Lloyd Alexander fans??). I appreciate people that call me out when I'm bullshitting. I appreciate people helping me cut past the bullshit. I appreciate you if you've read this far. I've never owned a Zippo. I only recently learned how to dress myself. Bacci Pizza saved my life. More than once. It could save yours too. I dabble in acting. Any sentimental media about fathers makes me misty. Any sentimental media about children or puppies makes me roll my eyes. I love children and puppies, just not all forms of sentimentality. I am constantly on the lookout for my lucky dime.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Days Off

Amazing. Simply amazing. I tend to be a little busy. In fact, we all are. Did you know that the average American gets by on six hours of sleep these days? It's true. It's a little something called efficiency. Or just plain crazy.

Anyway, I don't carry a planner. Which some might call inefficient. So sue me. Regardless, it is what it is, and I'm constantly left with the feeling that I had something planned for that date and time. I just don't know what. Regardless, my time is always filled somehow, whether it be dinner plans or drinking plans or work or play (theatrical and athletic) or just plain SOMETHING. My time is structured, to the point where if I don't have something going on I'm afraid I've lost my axis, that I, in fact, will spin right off the planet because I've stood still for too long.

Case in point: I started this blog on Sunday evening. Well, the first paragraph at any rate. Now it's Tuesday. Lovely boom bubbly. I don't know what came up, sleep, maybe, but something, and then something else, and well that's all well and good and boring so let's move on.

Hunter S. Thompson died. Now that was something.

The reason I titled this blog "Days Off" was because Sunday was the first day in quite. some. time. that I did absolutely nothing. Nothing ambitious, no forward thinking or selfless acts, nothing to make me feel like I in fact had a place in this world to feel in and I damn well should fill it. No. I slept. Until 12:30. Then I got up and made pizza for lunch and, what?, played a video game. That's right. A really deliciously old one. Final Fantasy II. Oh yes, if you hadn't been sure of it until now, I am, in fact, a humongous dork. (awed silence) Thank you for your surprise.

The rest of the day was spent watching movies, coming back to video games, eating more and watching more. I didn't leave the house except to go to Blockbuster and Michuacan Dos (begrudgingly: I still love you El Palmar). But days like this aren't taken, or rather, some people take them but don't appreciate them for what they are. This isn't "decompress time." No no, this is active slacking off. Why? Don't ask silly questions.

I had big plans for hyperlinking on this blog, but they are gone, it's late, and I just want to publish as I haven't published in so long. So I'll leave you with this.

I know. Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home