Stream of Conscientiousness

"con-sci-en-tious: (adj.) Governed by conscience, scrupulous || Characterized by or done with careful attention." --- Man, I was way off.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

I'm the wildest laid back person you'll ever meet. I wash my body first, hair last. I make one loop when I tie my shoes, not the bunny ears. Yet I prefer loafers. I'm in the market for a good pair of headphones, ones that won't wear out. Something akin to Gurgi's unending pouch of food (Lloyd Alexander fans??). I appreciate people that call me out when I'm bullshitting. I appreciate people helping me cut past the bullshit. I appreciate you if you've read this far. I've never owned a Zippo. I only recently learned how to dress myself. Bacci Pizza saved my life. More than once. It could save yours too. I dabble in acting. Any sentimental media about fathers makes me misty. Any sentimental media about children or puppies makes me roll my eyes. I love children and puppies, just not all forms of sentimentality. I am constantly on the lookout for my lucky dime.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Oh Dear Oh Dear I've Fallen Off

There's a part of me that believes that no one will actually see this entry, as I have made little headway in post anything to this said blog in the longest of times. I've been pretty damn busy, and my propensity for witty reparte, or even monologuing, has been exceedingly diminished. But here I am, and here you are if you are in fact reading, so I'll make several observations that have come my way in the past two months:

1. I Am Getting Older: My knees have started to go out. I'm 23. I'm considering the purchase of arch supports, and shopped for them covertly while waiting for my friends to arrive so we could see the Aristocrats last weekend. This whole aging thing I fully expected to hit when I got into my thirties. Has my life been so wanton and carefree that I merit a slow physical deterioration. Oh pooh. Pass me the ibuprofen. It's gonna be a wild ride.

2. Don't Argue with a Drunken Mob: Just don't. Take my advice on this. Flippin wankers.

3. Cleansing a la "1984" and "Brave NewWorld" (or "The Giver" what have you): An edict went out last week that, get this, we good citizens must be on the lookout at public transit stations, because terrorists may be posing as homeless men in order to gain information on our transit systems. Report to your local authority whenever you see a homeless person, or someone who could be, on the CTA. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Somehow I find this a little more asinine than the duct tape. Thank you, Tom Ridge.

4. Confidence Is Easy to Come By: I was sucking at rehearsal this past week. SUCKING. And then I realized how little it mattered, and that I knew I could pull off this role, and do it well, and so I went to rehearsal Wednesday and did just that. Come see the show. Warning: I have to show my bum. So now you really have to come see the show.

5. eBay Users = CRAZY: I was going after this book I wanted to give to my sister for her wedding next week, something of sentimental value for both of us that's out of print. I found it on eBay for 3 dollars, which equals about the retail price of the book. Somehow, with seconds left in the auction, I found myself in a bidding war where my final bid was $29, and yet I still got beat out by a bid of $30 because of lagging refresh times. Not to mention the fact that some woman who had outbid me earlier in the week had a bunch of baby items she had bought for her new baby in her eBay listings, right alongside the WEDDING BAND that she bought on eBay as well. I'd love to hear the story behind that.

That's all for now, hopefully everyone is well, much love.

Oh, and my song of the week: Sugababes "Push the Button." Ridiculous and indulgent poppy fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJ, what is it about you and partial nudity in theatre? I mean, a loincloth in "The Elephant Man" (with strategic tattoo covering), and now this? My, my...you do like to show off a bit, don't you?

August 27, 2005 at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home